You are challenged to create a quilt that represents what you see as the “Colors of the Vineyard”. Use fabric in any technique or combination of techniques you wish. Think of the landscape, color, or product (wine or grapes) of what the valley vineyards mean to you. Have fun and dare yourself to do something fun and challenging.
The guidelines are below. The link to a PDF to download and print is HERE.
- A quilt is defined as a sewn project consisting of three layers: top, batting (middle) and backing.
- Quilt must be 16×20 or 20×16 – either vertical or horizontal
- You can employ any technique or combination of techniques to achieve your depiction of the theme (traditional piecing, applique, paintstik, photo transfer, thread painting, whole cloth, words, embellishment, etc.)
- Please include a 3-inch standard quilt sleeve
- Please include a cloth label with your identifying information
- Your quilt would need to be entered in the show using the quilt entry forms
- June guild meeting – Challenge presented at guild meeting.
- January guild meeting – Quilts due for early-bird quilt turn in and an opportunity to enter a special early-bird drawing. ***Quilt show entry forms must be completed with quilt turn in.
- All other challenge quilts turned in as a regular quilt show entry by March.
Challenge Quilts as a quilt show promotion:
- The “early-bird” challenge quilts will be used to promote our show at local wineries. Your quilt would be on display at participating wineries, along with other show information, and will be returned for display in our show. Every precaution will be taken to assure the safe care of your quilt during their display. Amador Valley Quilters, or any of its members, will not be held liable for any loss, theft, or damage of the quilts on display.